Position: Research Scientist
Perfectus Biomed, LLC (formerly Extherid Biosciences LLC) is a fast-growing global company that provides innovative research and development services for medical and consumer health sectors. We are seeking an individual, preferably with research experience involving viruses, to fill a Research Scientist position (full-time 40 hr/week) in our laboratory in Jackson, Wyoming. The scientist will join an international team of scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators. The scientist will perform many tasks in the research process including formulating testable hypotheses, carrying out established protocols, and developing new protocols. The scientist will work closely with other researchers to analyze data, write technical reports, and participate in presentations to relay findings to the research team and external partners. The scientist will also participate in maintaining and improving Perfectus’s quality management system.
- Due to the technical and scientific nature of the work, the individual must have a PhD in biology or biomedical engineering OR a master’s degree plus at least 3 years in a CRO, pharmaceutical, or related setting.
- An independent, detail-oriented individual with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to follow protocols, conduct research independently, and manage and analyze research data is required.
- The individual must have the ability to fulfill and comply with laboratory standard operating procedures as well as develop their own protocols and train other lab members to implement them.
- The individual must be dedicated to complying with and improving upon Perfectus’s quality management system.
- The individual must be able to relocate near to Jackson, Wyoming.
- Experience in virology, molecular biology, tissue culture, immunology, and/or microbiology.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data using Microsoft Office and statistical and bioinformatics programs such as GraphPad Prism.
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN) and laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Experience working with an ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 17025 quality management system and GLP.
- Management experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform, assist, and guide experimentation: preparation, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Design and implement research protocols and develop techniques based on literature review, background, and preexisting protocols pertaining to the focus of the laboratory, including viral/bacterial/fungal models of infection and in vitro and ex vivo
- Contribute to laboratory operations including preparation of media, buffers, and microbiological and cell cultures.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Prepare and present technical reports, summaries, and analyses.
- Present at and participate in laboratory research discussions.
- Contribute to preparation of research proposals and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
- May occasionally liaise with funding source product developers.
- Help manage the laboratory and provide oversight for junior scientists and interns.
Position: Finance & Administration Assistant reporting to CFO & CSO
Perfectus Biomed Group (formerly Extherid Biosciences LLC) is a fast-growing global company that provides innovative research and development services for medical and consumer health sectors. Perfectus Biomed Group (Jackson, WY) is looking for a person to fill the position of Finance & administration assistant (FAA). The FAA will be required to provide a supportive role to the Chief Science Officer/Managing Director (US) and the Chief Finance Officer (UK) to enable timely and accurate processing and reporting. The FAA will be expected to act in a proactive manner to complete work that supports projects and the smooth running of the business.
Main Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks Required of the Post
- Processing financial transactions. We use Quickbooks to maintain our financial records and require the FAA to: generate sales invoices to clients from Quickbooks, in collaboration with the Managing Director and Laboratory Manager; check and process purchase invoices into Quickbooks; check and process credit card statements into Quickbooks; and check and reconcile bank statements.
- Financial Reporting. At each month-end financial reports must be made to Group Head Office in the UK. The FAA will need to process standard routines such as fixed-asset depreciation, payroll totals posting, financing entries, and other typical tasks; check for any cut-off issues around revenue recognition and cost accruals; output final profit & loss, balance sheet, and trial-balance reports; and liaise with Chief Finance Officer, Managing Director, and external accountants to ensure timely submission of all periodic tax and financial reporting requirements.
- Administrative and Procurement Duties. The FAA will participate in procurement duties with the laboratory manager. They will ensure the business is fully stocked with essential supplies to enable work to be undertaken and participate in receipt and delivery of equipment and supplies. The FAA may also be requested to assist the CSO/Managing Director with other administrative duties from time to time.
- The role will require the FAA to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner with a wide range of personnel.
Degree in business administration, accounting, or similar plus at least 2 years’ related work experience is required. Experience working in a start-up environment or in the biosciences is preferred but not required. Please send letter of interest and resume to info.US@perfectusbiomed.com.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Perfectus Biomed, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please send an email to info.US@perfectusbiomed.com at least 3 working days prior to the date of need.