Position: Research Scientist
Perfectus Biomed, LLC (formerly Extherid Biosciences LLC) is a fast-growing global company that provides innovative research and development services for medical and consumer health sectors. We are seeking an individual, preferably with research experience involving viruses, to fill a Research Scientist position (full-time 40 hr/week) in our laboratory in Jackson, Wyoming. The scientist will join an international team of scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators. The scientist will perform many tasks in the research process including formulating testable hypotheses, carrying out established protocols, and developing new protocols. The scientist will work closely with other researchers to analyze data, write technical reports, and participate in presentations to relay findings to the research team and external partners. The scientist will also participate in maintaining and improving Perfectus’s quality management system.
- Due to the technical and scientific nature of the work, the individual must have a PhD in biology or biomedical engineering OR a master’s degree plus at least 3 years in a CRO, pharmaceutical, or related setting.
- An independent, detail-oriented individual with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to follow protocols, conduct research independently, and manage and analyze research data is required.
- The individual must have the ability to fulfill and comply with laboratory standard operating procedures as well as develop their own protocols and train other lab members to implement them.
- The individual must be dedicated to complying with and improving upon Perfectus’s quality management system.
- The individual must be able to relocate near to Jackson, Wyoming.
- Experience in virology, molecular biology, tissue culture, immunology, and/or microbiology.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data using Microsoft Office and statistical and bioinformatics programs such as GraphPad Prism.
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN) and laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Experience working with an ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 17025 quality management system and GLP.
- Management experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform, assist, and guide experimentation: preparation, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Design and implement research protocols and develop techniques based on literature review, background, and preexisting protocols pertaining to the focus of the laboratory, including viral/bacterial/fungal models of infection and in vitro and ex vivo
- Contribute to laboratory operations including preparation of media, buffers, and microbiological and cell cultures.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Prepare and present technical reports, summaries, and analyses.
- Present at and participate in laboratory research discussions.
- Contribute to preparation of research proposals and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
- May occasionally liaise with funding source product developers.
- Help manage the laboratory and provide oversight for junior scientists and interns.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Perfectus Biomed, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please send an email to info.US@perfectusbiomed.com at least 3 working days prior to the date of need.