Extherid Biosciences is an ISO 9001:2015-certified contract research organization that develops new technologies to treat infectious diseases caused by antibiotic-resistant organisms. We are seeking an individual to fill a Research Scientist position (full-time 40 hr/week). The scientist will join a multifaceted team of scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators. The scientist will perform many tasks in the research process including formulating testable hypotheses, learning established protocols, and developing new protocols. The scientist will work closely with other researchers to analyze data, write technical reports, and participate in presentations to relay findings to the research team and external partners. Moreover, the scientist will participate in maintaining and improving Extherid’s quality management system.
Note: The successful applicant will conduct research in a laboratory located in Jackson, Wyoming.
Due to the technical and scientific nature of the work, the individual must have a PhD in biology or biomedical engineering and 1-2 years in a CRO, pharmaceutical, or related setting OR a master’s degree with at least 4 years in a CRO, pharmaceutical, or related setting.
An independent, detail-oriented individual with excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to follow protocols, conduct research independently, and manage and analyze research data is required.
The individual must have the ability to fulfill and comply with laboratory standard operating procedures as well as develop their own protocols and train other lab members to implement them.
The individual must be dedicated to complying with and improving upon Extherid’s quality management system.
The individual must be able to relocate near to Jackson, Wyoming.
- Experience in molecular biology, tissue culture, immunology, and/or microbiology is preferred.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data using Microsoft Office and statistical and bioinformatics programs such as GraphPad Prism and Ingenuity Pathway Analysis is preferred.
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN) and laboratory information management systems (LIMS) is desired.
- Experience working with an ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 17025 quality management system is strongly desired, experience with GLP is preferred.
- Management experience is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform, assist, and guide experimentation: preparation, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Design and implement research protocols and develop techniques based on literature review, background, and preexisting protocols pertaining to the focus of the laboratory, including bacterial/fungal models of infection and in vitro and ex vivo models.
- Contribute to laboratory operations including preparation of media, buffers, and microbiological and cell cultures.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Prepare and present technical reports, summaries, and analyses.
- Present at and participate in laboratory research discussions.
- Contribute to preparation of research proposals and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
- May occasionally liaise with funding source product developers.
- Help manage the laboratory and provide oversight for junior scientists and interns.
Applicants must submit a CV, personal statement, and 2-3 recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2019 at 11:59 PM (MST).
Extherid Biosciences LLC does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law (referred to as “protected status”) unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please send an email to email@example.com at least 3 working days prior to the date of need.
We may conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.