Our expertise with mucosal models lends itself to studies of the urogenital tract. We analyze how your experimental therapeutics will affect urogenital health in multiple areas such as infection, inflammation, and foreign body response.
- The urogenital system is susceptible to infections and prone to disorders that may benefit from implantable devices. We combine our expertise in mucosal models with our knowledge of infectious disease to tailor experiments that are highly predictive of clinical success.
- We test for antimicrobial efficacy against sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections, and bacterial vaginosis. We also measure biomarkers indicative of inflammation and healing as well as protein adsorption and biofilm adhesion to urogenital implants.
- Two common concerns associated with implantable devices are host protein adsorption and biofilm adhesion. Using our mucosal models, we can test for both.
- We can test the antimicrobial efficacy of your formulations against our library of pathogens that cause STIs, yeast infections, and urinary tract infections.
- We can test for biomarkers predictive of infection, inflammation, and foreign body response and correlate our findings with histology.